Thursday, September 22, 2011

Man to Feed Exclusively On 162 Gallons Of Wife's Breast Milk [Wtf]

Man to Feed Exclusively On 162 Gallons Of Wife's Breast MilkAfter her third premature baby, Katie filled this 22-cubic-foot upright deep freezer with her excess breast milk. Now, her husband Curtis plans on feeding only on it for as long as his body can take it.

Their objective is to discover how much breast milk will it take to nourish a 6'4", 185-pound grown man and how many days can a grown man live off breast milk comfortably. Katie says that, after having her third premature kid, she originally stored the milk to donate it, like she did in the past. That didn't work out, so now they are conducting this experiment.

Katie, who is a lactation expert, says that Curtis needs 2,000 calories a day. After testing it, her breast milk contains approximately 27 to 32 calories per ounce, so that means Curtis needs to drink 66 ounces of breast milk daily. The experience is now on its third day, and it seems Curtis is getting too hungry already:

Much more hungry yesterday, 104 ounces consumed, roughly 3120 calories. Near the end of the day I started craving solid foods, so I drank more milk and it satisfied my hunger. I am really enjoying the milk now and am always surprised how each glass tastes different.

Katie and Curtis "will keep track of the number of ounces he drinks daily" and "monitor his weight to be sure he isn't losing weight." He will not eat any other food.

I'm all for breast milk. I love breasts. I have all the albums. But while I can imagine myself eating breast milk pancakes with a breast milk latte, I can't imagine myself drinking this stuff as my only form of nourishment. Unless you turn it into butter.

Hmmm, breast milk butter on French bread. [Don't Have a Cow, Man via Gothamist]

Related Stories

View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments:

Post a Comment